Tuesday, May 27, 2014

SUMMER GOALS


I've graduated!  So, that means it's officially summer!

I don't think it's really hit me that I've graduated just yet.  It probably will in August, once I move in to my own apartment.  Right now, though?  I feel like I'm on vacation at Brian's family's house until the end of May, around when I'll then be heading back to NYC to stay with my parents for a while.  It's still super weird though.  I've officially finished with schooling until I decide to get a graduate degree!

So, since summer is starting, and I'll be free for most of it (until I come back to Buffalo later in the summer to start working), I want to do some things with my last bits of free time before the adult life sets in for good.  Kind of like mini-goals for the next couple of months, I suppose?

xxTanya

CREATE AN ART WEBSITE//

My current website is alright, but not perfect for the way I create art.  Currently the layout is nice, but I'm not able to group pieces by project, as there's only the ability to create a couple of tabs.  I want to be able to group pieces by project (or body of work), as that's how I've been creating work recently.  Also, the url is pretty long winded and hard to tell people if they ask.

HAVE A ONCE-A-WEEK PAMPER NIGHT//

This generally just applies to taking more baths and relaxing.  I want to have a nice pamper night each week where I turn off the computer and grab a book to read, which applies to the next goal.  Maybe grab a body scrub and break out the body butter or use one of my lovely LUSH bath bombs.

READ BOOKS//

With school, I haven't been able to really read any books in the last four years.  This summer I really want to get off the computer more often and read some books.  Some in mind are finishing The Princess Bride, re-reading and finally finishing the Game of Thrones series (as I stopped mid-third book in sophomore year and can't remember what had been happening), and all of my gender books I received for christmas this past year.

POST ONCE A WEEK (AT LEAST) ON MY BLOG//

Towards the end of the year, I got a little lax with posting as I was so busy and also super uninspired.  I've been wanting to take the blog in a different direction recently, focusing more on artistic posts rather than the typical beauty blog style I had been defaulting to (since that's all I read, basically).

START RUNNING//

I tried to start running a couple of weeks ago, but with the amount of work happening (finals and thesis) it fell by the wayside.  I want to start running up here in Buffalo with Lucas and maybe Brian, so when I go home I feel confident to continue it.  I want running to become a habit that I enjoy to do every week!  My goal for the summer is to be able to run a mile three days a week without aches and pains and getting super out of breath.  I just want to up my cardio!

WATCH SOME STUFF//

I want to watch a whole bunch of movies and television shows this summer.  Not only do I want to watch a lot of movies I've never seen, I need to finish catching up on Mad Men (I'm on the final season), I also want to finish Spaced, which I started with Brian.  I also just started Breaking Bad with Brian (not sure how I feel about it yet), and maybe rewatch Spartacus.

GET A JOB IN BUFFALO//

Before I head back to NYC, I need to walk around and hand in my resumes to places that I'd like to work near my new apartment.  I want to do this before I go back home and hopefully I'll get a few nibbles for work starting in late July or August.

MOVE IN TO MY NEW APARTMENT//

This is my biggest source of anxiety, but I think I'll be okay.  I have no furniture, but I'm just saying it will work out so I don't think about it too much.  I can't do anything until I move in, anyway!  I really enjoy moving to new places, anyway, because you get to design from scratch!



No comments:

Post a Comment