Saturday, March 7, 2015

LITTLE LISTS // I



So, the other day I went in to Walgreens looking to purchase La Roche-Posay's Efficlair Duo (my skin was flaring up, sad face) and I walked out with it.  However, I also walked out with two Revlon balm sticks, two Maybeline color tattoos, and two Essie polishes.  Oops?

I honestly have the worst buying habits when it comes to makeup.  I used to spend hours upon days agonizing over which item of drugstore makeup to buy, only to end up talking myself out of it in the end and then regret it later.  I wouldn't purchase an item for months, even though it was under $10 and I obviously wanted it (see: Revlon Skinlights, Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry, Revlon lipstick in Black Cherry).  I also used to do this with more high end makeup, but would end up never getting an item.  Now though, I go nuts!  Not only did I just get those, earlier in the month I finally got the Tarte blush, Shiseido eyelash curlers, and sparkly powder I wanted from Sephora.  Holy moly, a makeup cool down is in order.

I just really need to start thinking about makeup more like my wardrobe.  Think about things for a long time (especially if they're expensive), really think about if I want them or not, and then purchase if so.  If not, give myself a pat on the back for not going nuts.  Win/win, right?

So here's a little list of some things I've been thinking about purchasing.  Lists make me stop thinking about things, be it the next clothing item I want to add to my wardrobe, the next skin care item I want to try out, or the day's to-dos.  Once it's on paper, I stop thinking and I'm much less likely to buy!

For some things, they're definitely "later on" purchases, as they would be replacing something I'm currently using.  For example, my current facial sunscreen is Elta MD UV Clear and it's fine, but I want to try something different, which is where La Roche-Posay's Anthelios Sunscreen comes in.  I also want to try Maybelline's Waterproof Great Lash, but I'm currently using a sample of Clinique's High Impact mascara or Maybelline's original Great Lash. Both are good, but during the winter my eyes water like nobody's business.  Along with that, now I actually have a way of getting makeup off my face at the end of the day.  Waterproof it is!

On the other hand, there are definitely a couple of things that I've been putting off getting that just need to be purchases.  NARS's Tinted Moisturizer (in Terra Neuve) and Sheer Glow Foundation (in Mont Blanc) are two of those things.  I got samples of both products and loved them both.  Then I'd be set for both heavier coverage and sheer coverage base days!  No more fumbling with drugstore foundations!  Soon, my base life with be easy and fancy free.  (I'm resisting making an "all your base are belong to us" joke.  Anyone?)

I've also still been browsing in relation to my skincare journey, which is still not over.  I always hear rave reviews about Kiehls, so I wanted to try both their Midnight Recovery Serum and their Avocado Eye Treatment.  I also was curious about Hado Labo's Hyaluronic Acid Lotion, which is a hydrating toner that I've heard good things about, and Silk Natural's AHA toner, which is exfoliating.  I'm currently using Aveda's Exfoliating Toner, but it's expensive and I'm curious to see if its the salicylic acid that's making my skin nice or just it being an acid toner in general.  Skin care, man.

Also, since I work at an Aveda salon, of course I want the Air Control Hairspray, and the Be Curly Style-Prep.

Why do I want all the things??  Why is this a thing????



No comments:

Post a Comment