Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A PEEK AT MY DAILY MAKEUP ROUTINE





The one thing that's been keeping me from blogging is photos.  I don't particularly enjoy taking photos, and I always feel like the ones I take look awful.  So I decided: whatever.  I'm going to take some damn photos, be they good or not, so I can just write again.  Also, still on my journey to figuring out what the heck I'm going to write about.

This is what my "vanity" looks like on a daily basis.  I don't really have an easy to use organizational system yet, so it just all stays out on the table where I can easily grab each thing.

After applying moisturizer (jojoba oil) and EltaMD facial sunscreen, I start on the base.  I've been trying out a sample of Laura Mercier's Radiance Foundation Primer; it reminds me of Revlon's skin lights but with no scent and more of a glow, less of a glitter.  Not sure if it's worth the $34 price tag, but you don't use a lot each time so it would definitely last a while.

Those four little pots in front of my mirror are the four bases I'm currently trying out.  Even though I've been using them all for at least a month, I cannot seem to make up my mind!  The two tinted moisturizers are NARS Tinted Moisturizer in Terra Nueve and Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain, and the two foundations are NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc and Dior Nude Skin Foundation in Ivory.  I'll let you know what I end up purchasing!   I then apply Maybelline's Fit Me concealer over any spots or residual redness, and Rimmel's Match Perfection concealer under my eyes.  Finally, I powder with Beseme's Brightening French Vanilla face powder.

I always do my brows first, I don't know why!  I use the Anastasia Brow Pomade in Soft Brown and a little angled brush from Forever21.  My eyes are next, where I may use a Maybelline Color TattooStilla liquid eyeliner, or do a bit of a smokey eye with my Naked2 pallet.  I then curl my eyelashes with my new Shiseido eyelash curler (it's the only curler I've found that fits my eyes!) and a coat of either Maybelline's Great Lash or Clinique's Lash Doubling Mascara.  Both give good definition and tint without a clump in sight!

On the cheeks, I'll use one of a couple of blushes: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed if I want more of a sculpt, e.l.f.'s Baked Blush in Passion Pink if I want more of a glow, or Clinique's Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in New Clover for just a good all-rounder.  I then apply e.l.f.'s Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearls with my fingers.  

Finally, lipstick!  Lipstick is my one true love, and my choice always depends on a multitude of factors: my hair, eye makeup, mood, even the weather!  A classic red is good any day, a deep berry has been my love this winter, and I've been enjoying purple now and again!  Recently, I've been feeling a bit off about my lipstick choices: the other day I switched it four times!

Then, with a spritz of perfume I'm done.  I always reach for The Body Shop's White Musk Libertine in the winter, but I've also been trying out a few Alkemia perfume oils as well as my new Tocca sampler "Meet The Girls"!

Do you use any of these products?  Is your morning routine more streamlined than mine?



No comments:

Post a Comment