Tuesday, November 4, 2014

WORK IT

This is something I wore to work a couple of weeks ago.  I grabbed my camera and, for the first time, attempted to take my own outfit photos.  While I was taking the photos, it was a disaster.  I hated all the poses I was pulling, I didn't like how my face looked, and I was just generally unhappy.  I then took some more photos about a week later to apply for Un-Fancy's guest blogger position (the contest is closed, but the post is here) and looked at these photos again.  Suddenly, they weren't so bad!  Goes to show you that it's always better to put away a project and then come back to look at it another time.  Fresh eyes do wonders!

My workplace is generally causal with a touch of buisness-casual for the dress code.  It was a bit of a shift for me, but a welcome one.  I had wanted an excuse to freshen up the way I had dressed for a while, and this was the perfect one!  The big change was not being able to wear color; we're only allowed to wear black, white, and grey.  Before, I would wear a lot of black but would always add a pop of color somewhere (usually red).  I need to get a couple more colorful accessories!

I also feel like I've explained my workplace dress code at least three times on this blog so far.  Augh!  I have this thing where I expect no one who is reading these posts to actually have read any previously, so I need to explain ideas like they're new every time.  Maybe I should stop doing that and just start linking to older posts to explain? 

// What I'm Wearing

Jcpenny (about 5 years ago) // TOP
No idea.  My mom got this for me at least 3 years ago // SKIRT
American Apparel // SOCKS








No comments:

Post a Comment