Monday, November 2, 2015

FAVORITES // OCTOBER


This past month I didn't have a lot of chances to apply makeup, but when I did I really did enjoy it.  I'm instituting a No-Buy (we'll see how that goes) until at least 2016, if not the end of January, on non-essential beauty products like makeup.  Skincare is also out of the question except I'm almost out of my moisturizer, which I'm going to want to replace (Probably with Kiehl's Skin Rescuer, but we shall see).  There were just a few products I loved in October, but they're all really lovely!

I've had Anastasia's Dip Brow Pomade in Ash Brown for months now, but I've been really enjoying doing a bold brow now that the weather has gotten much colder.  It's such a great way to add some definition to my face, and it also goes perfectly with a bold lip!  Speaking of a bold lip, I've been loving my custom Bite Beauty lipstick that I made at their lip lab a couple of months ago.  It's a nice blue toned matte red, and I discovered how much I like it when it's gently patted on to my lips for a bit of undefined color.  My lips are the bane of my lipstick-wearing existence: Every lipstick feathers on me with few exceptions.  I always have to go for a matte lip, so good thing I love them!  See: my HG lipstick Ruby Woo.  Bite's matte offering, however, is still too creamy for me and it ends up feathering after only about an hour or two. The patting method works much better than a defined lip line for this one!

On recommendation from an XOVainer, I picked up a small bottle of Sephora's Brush Cleanser, which has been a lifesaver.  The little brush I used to apply my eyebrow pomade (part of a 5 brush kit from Forever 21) wasn't doing so well at picking up and evenly applying product any more, but a spritz of the brush cleanser and a good wipe on a tissue cleared that issue right up!  I now use it every day on both that brush and my gel eyeliner brush to keep germs at bay as well as keep my application tip top!

Last time I was at LUSH, I also picked up a sample of their Feeling Younger Skin Tint, because I have been absolutely in love with highlighters, and this one is no exception.  I tried it a couple of times, mostly around my under eye area and brow bone, and it makes me feel like Galadriel.  The shimmer is a mix of an almost holographic purple and blue, but it looks more like an oil slick on water highlight rather than a glitter ball, if that makes any sense?  It really perks up my face and makes me feel super fancy, so I'll definitely be getting a full size eventually!  I also got the NARS Multiple in Copacabana, and I apply it whenever possible.  It's such a beautiful highlight, and it is so easy to apply.  I just swipe the stick on my cheekbones, over my eyelids, and dot it above my brow bone and on my cupids bow, then blend with my fingertips.  BAM!

What were your favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment