Tuesday, July 1, 2014

THESIS RED

I figured it was about time I post what I wore to my Senior Thesis show.  Being home for summer and trying to figure out what I actually want to blog about has made me come to a little standstill in terms of posting.  This summer has been really relaxing so far, lots of ups and downs, getting some sun, and just generally having a lovely time at home with my parents.  It's strange, because I feel like I'm at a turning point in my life (which I suppose I am)!  I'll be going back to Buffalo in a couple of weeks to stay with Brian, and then August first I move in to my first "real" apartment, paid for by yours truly!  Nutso.

For my Thesis show, I knew I wanted to wear a red dress.  I saw the Lady Lovesong dress on Modcloth years and years ago and it was love at first sight.  Only when I was thinking about getting something special for the show, however, did I even consider actually buying it.  I did, and it was amazing!  This dress gave me such a confidence boost and I felt like a hundred bucks!  I even pin curled my hair to go with the look.  My biggest problem now is trying to figure out other opportunities to wear the dress without feeling too fancy, which is kind of dumb.  As Oscar Wilde said, "You can never be overdressed or overeducated."

I suppose if I start dressing nicely more often than not, it'll become more regular to the people I surround myself with, and then I won't feel as uncomfortable.  One day!

I can't remember what makeup I wore other than that my lipstick was Kate Moss for Rimmel in 10.  Of course, with all my red lipsticks, I swatched them all to find the perfect match.  Blue-toned reds, yes!!

xxTanya






2 comments: