Sunday, January 12, 2014

RELAXING DAY IN


Hey guys!

Today was a relaxing day, full of beauty blogs, youtube, and music.  After a jam packed week with the boy, I felt like just doing absolutely nothing today.  You know how even when you're spending time with someone you love, it's always nice to have a little down time alone after?  I loved having Brian over for the week, and we did so much that I wouldn't have done if he hadn't been here, but I do love my lounge days.  


I finally cracked open my sketchbook to begin work on my senior thesis sketches for the actual work.  Sadly I started this blog after I did all my planning for the actual idea, so I couldn't document during the process, but let me fill you in.

For my senior thesis, I'm illustrating an apocalypse narrative I wrote.  My whole first semester was spent writing the story, inventing the characters, and basically fleshing out the idea.  This semester is going to be for executing the prints and drawings!

I plan on doing around twenty pieces, so my plan for the break was to basically sketch out all the compositions and maybe even do some completed designs so when I got back to school I could jump right in to translating them to the actual full size pieces.  I've definitely been slacking though, so I'm going to work my butt off these next two weeks!



These sketches are for the first piece of the series, the introduction of the scene and of the main character, Max.  This piece came to me quickly when I was typing out my ideas previously (there's a word document open on my laptop) so it was pretty easy to sketch out the idea.  My other ideas, however, are not fleshing out so easily.  I can't decide if I want to do more of a comic book style lay out with panels to show different events, or if I want to do more symbolic illustrations.  There are a lot of factors to consider.

Along with that, I'm aiming to get my drivers permit this week, so I'm studying the manual and taking practice tests.  I hope to go to the DMV friday.  That's my goal!

I've been debating if I've been posting too much, or at too random of times, but I realized that it doesn't matter!  This blog is my blog, and I can post at whatever time of day and with less than twenty four hours between posts or with a week between posts!  It's a place for me to express my thoughts and myself.  I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse in to the art part of my life.  There will definitely be more coming in the future, especially once I go back to school.  I think I'll go make a cup of chai tea.

xxTanya

No comments:

Post a Comment