Friday, February 14, 2014

14 THINGS I LOVE // HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


Happy Valentine's Day!  It's always nice to reflect on the good things in life, so here are fourteen things I love in honor of the non-holiday holiday in no particular order.
  1. a red lip
  2. finishing an art piece
  3. cheese
  4. my boyf
  5. crisp weather
  6. reading a good book
  7. a perfect cup of tea or coffee
  8. singing
  9. playing & finishing a fantastic video game
  10. a great movie
  11. down time spent with friends
  12. long phone conversations 
  13. listening to music during travel (long car rides, subway rides, etc)
  14. going on walks 
I'll be spending most of today doing non-romantic things, such as working at Jamba and learning how to punch people in my Self Defense for Women course (RAD training, if anyone was wondering).  That's okay though, because Valentine's Day is a consumer holiday.  Why do we need one day a year to show the people we love that we love them by buying them things?  I like to show the people in my life that I love them whenever I can, by doing whatever I can.
  
So because of work, no romantic dinner for me that evening.  I'll probably watch the olympics in the evening with the boy, so that'll be nice.  Maybe eat some chocolate.  I also think we're going to see Casablanca tomorrow evening at the local indie theatre, if there's nothing special on the olympics that night (I don't think there is).

I hope you have a lovely day with whoever you choose to spend it with, doing whatever you choose to do.  Have awesome plans?  Tell me!

xxTanya

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree, me and my boyfriend wont be doing anything special either, we do nice stuff every other day of the year, we dont need to go out our way on valentines day to sit in an over crowded resturant

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not alone, haha! Thanks for the comment!

      xxTanya

      Delete
    2. We dont really do valentines! everything is so much more expensive and we try to show each other how we feel everyday rather than just once a year lol xxxx
      Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I agree! Though we are enjoying sampling the awful chocolates that were on sale today at the grocery store. Thanks for your comment!

      xxTanya

      Delete