Thursday, February 20, 2014

DRIVE JACKET

Photos by the lovely Erica.

Hey everyone!

It's finally getting a little warmer outside!  I think it's going to dip back down in to the twenties soon enough, so I'm taking full advantage of the forty degree weather to wear my new coat!

The boyf got this jacket for me for christmas and to my dismay I wasn't able to wear it until now since it was so cold out!  So yesterday was my first day wearing it and I absolutely love it, despite the fact that I know many wouldn't dream of wearing something like this.  I love it and I think it matches my style really well.

Bonus to all of you who know where this is from!  The coat is a replica of the one that Ryan Gosling wears in the movie Drive, which I totally recommend.  I love the movie to bits and pieces so having this coat is so awesome (it's just a bonus that it makes me look like i'm in a sick girl gang).



The film is utterly fantastic in terms of the cinematography, which is one of my favorite things about film (probably because I'm a visual artist).  I also love weighty silences in film, also seen in Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds, to name one.  A lot of people said that Drive and Taxi Driver were almost the same film, or that Drive copied Taxi Driver, but I don't agree at all.  They may have the same main character who drives for a living, who does things to protect the woman he loves (platonically or romantically) but that is where the similarities end.

I really recommend this film.  I might actually rewatch and post a couple of screenshots, which is something that I've been wanting to do for a while to keep track of some of my favorite film cinematography.  Having a blog is good for that sort of thing.

xxTanya

What I'm Wearing //
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light
Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer & Highlighter in 125 Fair
Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara in 003 Extreme Black
Max Studio duo eyeshadow in brown, copper
Kate for Rimmel Matte lipstick in 111 Kiss of Life






No comments:

Post a Comment