Thursday, February 6, 2014

THE OLYMPICS

Image is from Google's search page, February 6th

The Olympics are on right now!!

People are always shocked to find out that I love the olympics.  I've watched ever since I was little every two years with my parents.  My family is a totally non-sports family, but we always watched the Olympics.  I find that it's sports for the non-sports fan, because it's fun and they explain everything to you.  You can get in to the competition and the excitement because it's easy to understand what's going on!

The Opening Ceremony is tomorrow, but I'll sadly miss watching it on TV because I have work until 9, and it starts at 7:30, sighs.

I can't wait for the next two weeks!  I plan to watch whenever I can (especially now that there are smart TVs in the print labs).

I'M SO EXCITED.

xxTanya

EDIT  I also just read that not only is the Google logo supporting the olympics, the rainbow is also representing and supporting LGBTQ rights!  Such a hot button issue right now, since the Olympics are taking place in Russia.  There's a lecture happening at my school tomorrow talking about Sexuality and the Olympics.  It starts an hour before my class so I don't know if I'd be able to stay the whole time, but I think I'm going to go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment