Friday, February 28, 2014

NOTE TO SELF #1


Greetings all!

I was perusing many, many more new blogs two weeks ago while watching the Olympics, and I came across the idea of a "Note to Self" (from The Private Life of A Girl), where I talk about things I don't necessarily want to forget:  Things I want to buy, places I want to go, and things I want to do.  It'll be nice to have them all in one place!

Originally, I was going to do some makeup items that I was considering buying, but I realized that was kind of boring and not necessarily the direction I wanted my blog to be headed in.  So I decided to choose a place I want to go one day.

This is the definition of a note to self: Visit Bedrock City!

Bedrock City is a Flintstones theme park in Valle, Arizona; not to be confused for the much livelier and less dilapidated Bedrock City in South Dakota.  This (awesome) theme park sits in a tiny town that gets most of it's traffic from tourists on their way to the Grand Canyon.  According to wikipedia (I know), it seemed to have a growth plan that included selling plots of land on a grid during the 1960s, but now has hardly anyone living there.  Isn't that just the rub of 1960s America.

However, what it does have is the Planes of Fame Air Museum, and the now internet famous Flintstones Bedrock City.  I've seen these photos circle online quite a bit recently, but for my own purposes, I just had to do a quick blog post on it.  I couldn't somehow just forget this awesome place!

This is definitely on the list of things I want to do while on a road trip.  One day, maybe in a couple of years (before or after grad school), I have a slight desire to go on a road trip of some sort.  I feel like theres a lot out there, even in the US, that I haven't seen.  I want to see a lot in my life, and why not start with your own country!

The photos in this post are from this flickr.

xxTanya














Disclaimer // I do not own any of the photographs featured in this post.  If this is your work and you would like it removed, please contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment