Friday, March 14, 2014

THE LIPSTICK TAG


Hey everyone!

Since I'm so absolutely in love with lipstick, I thought I'd do the lipstick tag!  I've been wanting to talk about my collection for a while; I even planned out a whole collection post a while back with swatches and everything that I never got around to posting.  I'll probably re-do it at some point and post it later.  I know this seems like I have a lot of lipstick for one person (though some people will think I have hardly any) but it's my number one makeup staple!  I don't feel like I'm ready to go out without a bit of lip color, especially my statement red.  I feel like you get a lot of bang for your buck, especially when you buy drugstore brands like I do.  They make me feel great, so why not, right?

Enjoy!

1. How many lipsticks do you own?
Sixteen, not including lip glosses and lip balms.  Not too many, compared to some, but way too many, compared to others!

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?
I'm sure it was something my mom didn't want any longer and gave to me.  Or a Wet N' Wild lipstick of some point, I'm sure.  I remember when they smelled so awful!


3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?
It's a tie between Revlon and Rimmel!  I by far have way more Rimmel lipsticks, but I have never been disappointed by a Revlon lipstick, whereas I have with Rimmel (and I absolutely despise the floral scent of the Rimmel lipsticks).  It just ends up that Revlon is about three to four dollars more than Rimmel, so I end up being able to talk myself in to getting Rimmel more often.  Oops!


Kiss Of Life, 10, Ravish Me Red

4. What is your most worn lipstick?
Ugh, this is hard.  I have to say either Rimmel's Kate Moss collection in 10 or Revlon's Ravish Me Red.  But recently I haven't been able to stop wearing Rimmel's Kate Moss Matte in 111 Kiss Of Life!

5. What is your favourite finish?
Definitely Matte.  Creme is fine, but I love my mattes, especially since lipstick feathers really easily on me and matte finishes means I don't really need a lip liner.  I also like that more vintage vibe, and you can't go wrong with a matte red lip!


6. What was the last lipstick you bought?
Kate Moss for Rimmel in 107.  I've wanted it ever since Zoella claimed it as her favorite but I don't think it was available in the states until very recently!


7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
At the time of photo taking, only four, surprisingly!  Though all those lipsticks are now out of the bag and back with the others.  I usually have more than one lip balm but they've been migrating around to my bathroom and my bedside table.

8. What is your favourite red lip colour?
Gotta say, it's a tie between Rimmel's 111 Kiss Of Life and 10.  Kiss Of Life is the perfect red matte, but 10 is just a slightly darker, more blue toned red that looks so sophisticated.  I love both!



9. How do you store your lipsticks?
Currently they're just standing in a group on my dresser.  However, I'm planning on putting them in their own little box soon enough!

10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?
Definitely Revlon's Lover's Coral.  Any sort of pinky/orangey shades for spring.  I love my reds, but I want some other brights for the spring and summer, since I didn't start buying lipstick 'till the winter months!

I hope you enjoyed this little peek in to my absolute love of lipsticks.  What's your lipstick collection like? What's your number one color you can't live without?

xxTanya



No comments:

Post a Comment